Tanzania Venture Capital Association
- Tanzania Venture Capital Network is not-for-profit initiative established to promote the growth and development of private equity and Venture capital industry in Tanzania.
- The network focuses on multiple themes that include awareness creation, knowledge, data, intelligence, advocacy, and organize events and networking for promoting the industry growth.
For more details, please visit www.tvcan.org
Mbadala crowdfunding platform
Mbadala, a swahili word for alternative, is the first equity crowdfunding platform linking start-ups and individual angel investors in Tanzania. The platform helps entrepreneurs with great ideas find the capital they need while getting technical support for their businesses.
The platform, owned and managed by SSC Capital, provides for an alternative source of finance to MSMEs, that would hardly be available in normal financial sources
The platform will be launched in 2018
For more details please visit www.mbadala.co.tz
EA Export Fund
- EA Export Fund is a proposed impact fund that seeks to invest in SMEs to unlock their export potential and expand to East African market, targeting SMEs in value addition activities in Tanzania
- The fund seeks to support companies in Tanzania to become export led and enjoy the benefits that the regional integrations and export markets offer, while creating more jobs and earn a country FOREX
- The fund will focus on investing in SMEs in need of capital range from USD 50,000 as minimum ticket size
- The Fund will operate under early stage VC structure
For more details, please visit www.eaefund.com